Of course there are dozens and dozens of amazing musicians from all over the world playing at Lollapalooza this year, but what about the ones from right here in our hometown? Here are the local artists hitting the stage Grant Park this weekend.
1. Into It. Over It. - Longtime Chicago musician and Into It. Over It. frontman Evan Weiss sometimes gets pegged for making "emo" music but it's actually the kind of upbeat rock you'll need to kick off your weekend with. Into It. Over It. plays on Friday, August 1, at 1 p.m. on The Grove stage.
2. Vic Mensa - He's not as popular as his buddy Chance the Rapper but this Chicago MC very well could be by this time next year. After all, Chance played the BMI stage last year and he's closing down the Perry's stage in 2014. We'll see if Mensa following his trajectory. Vic Mensa plays on Saturday, August 2, at 6:50 p.m. on the BMI Stage.
3. Krewella - This EDM trio took the world by storm in 2013, had one of best attended sets at Spring Awakening Music Festival at Soldier Field last summer and are coming home this weekend to create one giant Saturday night party. Krewella plays on Saturday, August 2, at 8:30 p.m. on the Perry's Stage.
4. Gemini Club - These local popstars are getting things started early on the final day of the festival. Their synthesizer heavy, undeniably fun tracks will have you dancing in no time. Gemini Club plays on Sunday, August 3, at 1 p.m. on The Grove stage.
5. Flosstradamus - This DJ duo knows how to get the party started. All the time they've spent hanging out with professional partier Diplo in the last couple of years probably hasn't hurt. Flosstradamus plays on Sunday, August 3, at 5:30 p.m. on the Perry's Stage.
6. Chance the Rapper - Chicago's biggest success story in the last few years, Chance's Acid Rap mixtape received thousands of downloads and took him on tour all over the world--all without a record deal! He packed the tiny BMI Stage at Lollapalooza last year so we're glad we'll have more space to enjoy what's sure to be an awesome return performance. Chance the Rapper performs on Sunday, August 3, at 8:30 p.m. on the Perry's Stage.
All photos courtesy of Getty Images