It can be hard to know where to take mom out for Mother's Day. Well, lucky for you I have a list of places you may want to try! Check out the options below:
· Chef Ryan McCaskey invites mothers and families to an elegant Mother’s Day brunch. Rarely opened during the day, the two Michelin starred restaurant offers a prix fixe menu with selections including Chowder Poutine, Maine Lobster Eggs Benedict, and Steak & Eggs.
· Mother’s Day brunch prix fixe is available Sunday, May 13 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. For reservations please visit OpenTable.
Take Mother’s Day to New Heights
· Spend this mother’s day perched above Millennium Park with breathtaking views of Lake Michigan at Cindy’s, located on the 13th floor of the historic Chicago Athletic Association hotel. Treat mom to the indulgence she deserves with decadent options for brunch including Island Creek Sterling Caviar served with an update to the classic accompaniments: ramp blinis, farm egg mimosa, shallot, and crème fraiche. For an additional treat, pair with a bottle of Perier-Jouet ‘Grand Brut.’ Another option for mom is theFarm Egg Omelette with Sterling Caviar served with shaved purple asparagus and radish salad with preserved kumquat vinaigrette and local chevre.
· Cindy’s Mother’s Day brunch is available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For reservations, call 312.792.3502 or visit http://www.cindysrooftop.com.
A Big, Beautiful Brunch Buffet
Howells & Hood (435 N. Michigan Ave.)
- Celebrate mom with a lavish brunch buffet at this Magnificent Mile gem. Howells & Hood dishes up a brunch buffet fit for a queen, complete with shakshuka baked eggs with goat cheese, veggies, and polenta, a charcuterie & cheese station, seasonal fruit and berries, deviled eggs, and more. Guests can create a masterpiece at the omelet station, with toppings such as Applewood bacon, Esposito sausage, wild mushrooms, veggies, cheeses, and more, or grab protein at the carving station filled with country ham and prime rib. For a sweet fix, grab mom an array of chocolate caramel bites, mini red velvet cupcakes, and salted pistachio brittle.
- Unlimited Mother's Day brunch buffet is available from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 13 for $39 per person. Reservations are available here.
Mom’s Rooftop Reward
- This Mother’s Day, I|O Godfrey invites moms to indulge in some rooftop relaxation. At I|O Godfrey’s Mother’s Day brunch buffet, moms and their families can all enjoy a spread of brunch favorites from Executive Chef Nathaniel Cayer, such as an omelet station, housemade pastas and salads, waffles, a carving station, and more.
- Rain or shine, moms can delight in sweeping city views, thanks to the rooftop’s retractable glass enclosure. While kids are having fun in the play room, deserving moms can sip on a Rainbow Sangria or Chef’s Margarita.
- I|O Godfrey’s Mother Day brunch buffet is available on Sunday, May 13 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Reservations are $39 for adults and $12 for children. Spots can be reserved via OpenTable.
Treat Mom Like A Queen
Lawry’s The Prime Rib (100 E. Ontario St.)
- Calling all moms—put your feet up and get ready for a Mother’s Day feast in the comfort of your home. Guests can skip the Mother’s Day crowds and give mom a truly relaxing day at home with Lawry’s feast to-go. Families can order from to-go menu, with a la carte options available, including a Half Prime Rib roast (feeds 6-7) for $195 or a Whole Prime Rib roast (serves 12-14) for $360. Family-style meals are also available and include classic accompaniments such as the Original Spinning Bowl Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Spinach, Creamed Corn, and more. Family-style pricing is $275 (feeds 6-7) and $435 (feeds 12-14).
- Lawry’s is open from 12 to 8 p.m. on Mother’s Day. To go orders must be placed at least 48 hours in advance and can be made by calling 312.787.5000 or emailing Shannon email@example.com.
Mother’s Day Paradise in the Gold Coast
· This year for Mother’s Day, Maple & Ash, the innovative Gold Coast steakhouse, invites guests to a special Mother’s Day celebratory brunch featuring Maple & Ash staples and a few fun surprises. Indulge and celebrate the special woman in your life with Executive Chef Danny Grant’s Fire Roasted Seafood Towers, chef-manned pancake stations, carving stations, exceptional sweets & treats from Aya Pastry, and a glass of complimentary champagne for all women being celebrated.
· Mother’s Day Brunch at Maple & Ash is served from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. and is priced at $90 per person exclusive of tax and gratuity. Reservations can be made on OpenTable, or by calling the restaurant at 312.944.8888.
· This Mother's Day, Mercat a la Planxa debuts their brand-new Barcelona Brunch, complete with a revamped menu of savory Spanish eats from Barcelona native Chef Diego Amat. Gusts can choose from the Truita de Samo, a potato omelette with smoked salmon, fried capers, red onion, and roasted tomato cream cheese or the Cochinillo for Two, a roasted suckling pig served with Spanish-style grilled onions, brunch potatoes, and housemade sauces. The Barcelona Brunch also launches a build your own bottle service option with a bottle of Cava or sparkling rose for the table complete with fresh fruit juice and accoutrements, so guests can customize their brunch drink. As a special treat for all the moms at brunch this Mother's Day, each mother will be treated to a complimentary mimosa.
· Brunch is available from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. Guests can make reservations by calling 312.765.0524 or online.