Don't forget! Father's Day is right around the corner (THIS SUNDAY) and I have some ideas for you if you still are looking for a cool place to take dad. Take a look at some of these ideas below...
Father’s Day Feast with a View
- The rooftop restaurant perched atop the historic Chicago Athletic Association hotel welcomes fathers and families to smoked and roasted feast featuring Smoked Snake River Farms Wagyu Beef Cheeks with Texas caviar, grilled sweet potato, and poblano cream. The limited-run special to celebrate dad is further complemented by the Bonfire cocktail made with wagyu fat-washed Pikesville rye, Belgian biscuit malt, palo santo, and Benedictine. For something sweet to complete the feast, enjoy a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with roasted vanilla ice cream.
- Reservations for Cindy’s can be made by calling 312.792.3502, or by visiting www.cindysrooftop.com.
Dad’s Lazy Sunday Funday
- Have a Sunday Funday this Father’s Day at Bottleneck locations throughout Chicagoland. Bottleneck restaurants offer the perfect bar atmosphere, with TV walls and plenty of seating for optimal U.S. Open viewing. Encourage Dad to kick back and imbibe with some of the biggest and best beer lists that Chicago has to offer. Guests can grab a beer flight with four 6 oz. tasters of beer, choosing from a custom flight fit for Dad’s taste buds or a themed flight handpicked by beer experts.
- Reservations are encouraged; please call restaurant directly or reserve online.
King of the Grill
- Grill in the backyard with Dad this Father’s Day! Bring home his favorite cut of meat, a special ribeye from Lawry’s, and get to grilling on this special day. For $275, guests can take home Lawry’s Father’s Day package that includes four 24 oz. seasoned ribeye steaks, two quarts of creamy horseradish slaw, one pint of crispy onion strings and a bowl of Lawry’s famous homemade potato chips.
- To-go orders must be placed at least 48 hours in advance, and can be made by calling 312.787.5000 or emailing Shannon at email@example.com.
Spoil Dad with Steak
- This Father’s Day, give dad a break from the grill—if only for one day—and treat him to the Butcher’s Reserve menu at Maple & Ash featuring Snake River Wagyu Filet and Strip both served with black truffle potato puree, The Eisenhower (a 40oz+ cut) and 45 Day Dry-Aged La Pryor Tomahawk and New York Strip – all sure to make dad feel like a King. If Dad is inspired by Chef Danny Grant after his Father’s Day dinner, send him home with Maple & Ash’s new line of products sure to turn him into a budding grill master – Beefed Up Butter (Chef Grant’s secret ingredient), Fired-Up Steak Sauce and Hail Yes! Caesar Dressing, all of which can be purchased at the restaurant or online here.
- Maple & Ash is open for dinner on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17 from 5 - 10 p.m. Maple & Ash also hosts Sunday brunch on Father’s Day from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Reservations can be made on OpenTable, or by calling the restaurant at 312.944.8888. For more information, please visit www.mapleandash.com.
Make Father’s Day a Piece of Cake
Portillo’s (Locations throughout Chicagoland)
- To celebrate dads everywhere, Portillo’s offers a free dessert with a purchase of an entrée. On Sunday, June 17, guests are invited to bring their dad into any Portillo’s location for a complimentary slice of Chocolate Cake, Lemon Cake, Éclair Cake, Strawberry Shortcake, milkshake, or malt. This offer is redeemable with purchase of any entrée including salads, ribs, sandwiches and hot dogs.
- The promotion is available all-day, while supplies last. Good for drive-thru and in-restaurant visits only.
- For more information, please visit www.portillos.com.
Cheers to Dad Beers
- Rolling Rock beers are complimentary with the purchase of food for all dads this Father’s Day at Split-Rail, perfect for enjoying outside on the restaurant’s newly-opened patio.Additionally, Chef Zoe Schor’s dad will be joining her behind the grill to prepare comfort food classics for all guests.
- To make a reservation, call 773-697-4413 or visit their website.
Treat Dad at Torali
- Treat Dad to a Father’s Day well spent 12 floors up at Torali Italian – Steak housed inside of the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago. Open for brunch and dinner, Torali Italian Steak is modern in approach and Italian in sprit featuring fresh pastas made in-house daily and prime & dry-aged meats. Head outside to the jaw dropping Rooftop at Torali to take in gorgeous views of the city while toasting to Dad and all that he does.
- Torali Italian – Steak is open for brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and for dinner from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday, June 17. Reservations are recommended and may be made by calling 312.573. 5160 or by visiting www.toralichicago.com.
A Celebration "Exactly Like Nothing Else"
· For the man who has everything, The Blackstone invites guests to experience the "Exactly Like Nothing Else" package this Father's Day for the ultimate bonding weekend. Upon booking the package, guests can enjoy a stay in The Blackstone's historic Smoke-Filled Suite; exclusive access to The Blackstone's private Iwan Ries & Co. locker stocked with the hotel’s hand-selected, single barrel batch of KOVAL Distillery whiskey and a fresh supply of cigars, as well as access to the members-only Iwan Ries Lounge; and more.
· For further booking details, call 312.542.3436 or go to The Blackstone's website.
Whiskey + Wellness Spa Package
· This Father’s Day, give dad the gift of wellness, relaxation, and … whiskey. With the exclusive package at Spa at JW Chicago, Wellness + Whiskey celebrates dads by offering customized spa services paired with Redbreast 12 Year Old whiskey. Sip on a welcoming pour of whiskey while slowing down and appreciating a little tranquility. The Wellness + Whiskey package includes one 50 minute Gentlemen’s Tailored Facial, Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage, plus Man-E-Cure and Pedicure for $339.
- For more information and to book an appointment at Spa at JW Chicago visit jwmarriottchicago.com/spa or call 312.660.8250.