Chicago’s Old Town Ale House has been named one the best dive bars in America.
Open since 1958, the Ale House landed at 11th among the 50 Best Dive Bars in America as ranked by Big 7 Travel.
The bar at Wieland Street and North Avenue has remained popular among the locals and students of The Second City theater across the street.
Although cheap drinks are always a plus, what has kept customers returning is the environment the Ale House has created for itself.
Here are the top 10:
10. Santa’s Pub – Nashville, Tennessee
9. Ivy and Coney – Washington, D.C
8. Easy Street Lounge – Hallowell, Maine
7. The Sip n’ Dip Lounge – Great Falls, Montana
6. Lola’s Depot – Houston, Texas
5. Edna’s Bar & Grill – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4. The Icehouse – Yankton, South Dakota
3. The Salty Dog Saloon - Homey, Alaska
2. Turkey’s Nest – Brooklyn, New York
1. The Griffon Pub – Charleston, South Carolina
Anthony Bourdain loved the Old Town Ale House as well.