Replicas of the famous orange couch from the 'Friends' Central Perk coffee shop is touring famous landmarks around the world...and Chicago is one of the stops! See below or read the full story from USA Today:
Fans around the world can get comfy with "Friends."
As part of a flurry of promotions celebrating the 25th anniversary of the NBC hit comedy's premiere, 30 replicas of the iconic fringed orange couch – seen in the Central Perk coffee house and in the show's original opening credits – are going on tour this month to locations around the world, USA TODAY reveals exclusively.
From the Grand Canyon to the Empire State Building, from Stonehenge to the Eiffel Tower, fabric and waterproof versions of the sofa are being placed at key locations surrounding the Sept. 22 anniversary of the show's premiere. (See the full list of sites below). The stunt hearkens back to a similar effort by HBO, which hid six Iron Throne replicas around the world last March to promote that series' final season.
Here are the dates the couches will be around the US. The Chicago dates are Sept. 20-22!
- Empire State Building (New York) (Sept. 21-22)
- Friends Pop-Up Experience (New York) (Sept. 7-Oct. 7)
- Tribeca Television Festival (New York)
- Grand Canyon (Arizona)
- Maggie Daley Park (Chicago) (Sept. 21)
- Willis Tower (Chicago) (Sept. 20-22)
- Jackson Square (New Orleans) (Sept. 19-22)
- Klyde Warren Park (Dallas) (Sept. 13-29)
- Reunion Tower (Dallas) (Sept. 16-30)
- US Bank Tower (Los Angeles) (Sept. 16-22)
- AT&T stores (Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, New York, Anchorage, Alaska; Mall of America in Minnesota)