Scooby-Doo fans rejoice!!
AirBNB and Matthew Lillard (aka "Shaggy") have just announced a new collaboration! Lillard said: “Zoinks! It’s been 20 years since I played Shaggy (TM) in the first live-action “Scooby-Doo” film by Warner Bros., but his spirit has been with me since. To celebrate, I’m throwing it back to 2002 with a totally groovy stay in the gang’s beloved Mystery Machine, monsters not included.”
How cool is that?!
According to GeekTyrant, guests will be immersed in Y2K nostalgia and get to live like Shaggy (TM) and Scooby Doo (TM) in the Mystery Machine, including:
- A virtual greeting from Matthew Lillard upon arrival –he may even share some favorite memories with the meddling kids
- Plenty of throwbacks to 2002, including listening to the latest Sugar Ray album on a portable CD player, basking in the glow of a lava lamp and donning Shaggy’s signature puka shell necklace
- All-you-can-eat snacks and a selection to choose from for dinner, featuring all of Shaggy & Scooby’s favorite foods (like hot dogs and eggplant burgers)
- Mystery games galore so you can put your own whodunit-solving skills to the test
- A late-night re-watch of Scooby-Doo, complete with popcorn, candy and all the Scooby Snacks that your heart can desire
- An outdoor setup with enough lounge seating and hammock space for you to vibe out, free from any monsters that might be lurking about
Bookings open June 16th for three stays on June 24, 25, and 26th and you can reserve your spot here.