Chicago has been named one of the most beautiful places in the world!
This year, Big 7 Travel created its list of the 50 most beautiful places in the world according to Instagram hashtags for destinations around the world. It also asked the 600,000 people that follow its Instagram accounts for their opinions and considered the thoughts of its editorial team.
Here are the top 10...Chicago is one of them!
10. CHICAGO: ‘There are almost 50 million #chicago hashtags,’ says Big 7 Travel, ‘and it’s showing no sign of slowing down.’ The photography agenda it recommends includes the ‘mind-bending “Bean” in Millennium Park, the ultra-retro Chicago Theatre and loads of restaurants built for the gram’.
9. LONDON: ‘London is one of those cities that just can’t take a bad picture,’ says Big 7 Travel. ‘Search Instagram, and you’ll discover more than 145 million photos tagged with the #London hashtag. From the opulence that pours out of Buckingham Palace to the iconic candy-colored houses of Notting Hill and sweeping views from the London Eye, it’s no surprise that London is truly in a league of its own’.
8. SYDNEY: ‘Harbor views, iconic architecture and Aussie charm are a few things waiting for you in Sydney,’ says Big 7 Travel.
7. HAVANA: ‘Havana’s frozen-in-time allure is one of the things that makes it so unbelievably photogenic,’ says Big 7 Travel. The lens bait includes crumbling colonial buildings and candy-colored classic cars.
6. DUBAI: Behold the ‘Insta-hub of your dreams’. Big 7 Travel quite rightly points out that ‘Dubai was basically made for Instagram’. Sights that will keep you enthralled from dawn to dusk include: the ultra-luxurious Burj Al Arab hotel, the ‘legendary’ underwater Atlantis, The Palm and ‘one of the world’s most beautiful gardens, Dubai Miracle Garden’.
5. ISTANBUL: ‘An incredible blend of all things east and west on the meeting point of Europe and Asia, it’s no wonder Istanbul is big-time photo-friendly,’ comments Big 7 Travel. It rustled up this quick-fire itinerary: ‘Capture the pastel-colored minarets of Hagia Sophia, and then get to know the infinite cats that call the Blue Mosque home. Then, browse the world-famous Grand Bazaar with trinkets, spices and Turkish lamps galore’
4. NEW YORK CITY: ‘The City of Dreams, Big Apple, Gotham, the City That Never Sleeps – no matter what you call it, NYC is an experience in and of itself,’ says Big 7 Travel. ‘Be sure to capture the timeless charm of Brooklyn, the romantic rowboats of Central Park and then head to the tippy top of the Empire State Building. NYC will undoubtedly leave you speechless at every turn.’
3. PARIS: ‘Charming bistros, buzzing brasseries, corner-street musicians, the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower – need we say more?’ says Big 7 Travel. It doesn’t need to, no. But it adds for good measure: ‘Paris is one of the world’s most iconic and loved cities, and it isn’t hard to see why’.
2. THE PHILIPPINES: ‘Home to incredible natural wonders like an underground river and tranquil rice terraces in addition to a vibrant culture and history spanning several millennia – and over 7,500 islands – the Philippines as a whole are extremely Instagrammable,’ says Big 7 Travel. The picture above is ample proof for any doubters.
1. TOKYO: ‘Ancient shrines, other-worldly art exhibits and vibrant neon-lit billboards galore are just a few things that make Tokyo a hit on the gram,’ writes Big 7 Travel. ‘Take a look at Instagram and your mind will be blown – more than 53 million #tokyo hashtags reveal why this city is the most Instagrammable place in the world for 2021.’ Pictured: The famously hectic Shibuya Crossing.