The long-awaited royal wedding is finally upon on and it's bringing out all the Markle family controversy. I mean every family has skeletons, right? Skeletons that have actually caused almost all of the soon-to-be princess' family to not be on the guest list. Let's take a look at who we can and can't expect at St. George's Chapel today.
1. Meghan’s father - Thomas Markle. It's pretty standard for most brides to be walked down the isle by their father, well that won’t be the case for Meghan today. Instead, we’ve learned she will walk half the way herself and the other half with Prince Charles. So why isn’t her dad taking the honors? Sometime in between him staging paparazzi photo’s and several back and forth decisions he finally declared that he would not be in attendance as an attempt to “avoid embarrassing his daughter and the royal family.”
2. Meghan’s half-sister, Samantha. Though Mr. Markle is receiving a lot of scrutinies, her half-sister is equally to blame. She recently admitted to TMZ that she was actually the one who helped their father stage photos and conspire with paparazzi. Not cool. Totally against sister-code, I would have forgotten her invite too.
3. Her half-brother, Thomas. He was the second sibling to not receive an invite and took action by writing to his soon-to-be brother in law about it. Clearly, the letter wasn't very persuasive.
4. Several other family members arrived earlier yesterday in the U.K. but none were on the guest list. Wishing thinking maybe? Right place, right time?
5. But one family member whose attendance has never been in question was Meghan’s mom. Doria Ragland arrived in the U.K. and has been kicking back in luxury alongside the Queen. Doria and Meghan will spend her last night as a single-lady together at the Cliveden House Hotel before she makes her way to St. George’s Chapel to say “I do.” At least the girl can always count on her momma.