When you have a city with a gorgeous skyline, there’s no better way to experience it than with a kick-ass rooftop bar. There’s a new list out from Thrillist that does all the narrowing down for you.
- Altitude (San Diego) – It’s 22-stories up, and the only down-side is that it overlooks the home of a crappy baseball team. What’s not to love about San Diego?
- El Techo (San Francisco) – Heat lamps and wind screens protect you from the elements, and you look over an amazing city with some quality food and cocktails.
- Top Of The Gate (Washington, DC) – Recently re-done hot spot at the top of the Watergate Hotel. This place is always in demand.
- Assembly (Philadelphia) – It’s 9-stories above Ben Franklin Parkway. The fire pits and drink selection help you to rise above the ineptitude of the Phillies.
- Skylounge (Atlanta) – The 11th floor of the Glenn Hotel has one of the greatest views of downtown Atlanta. Jam to some live music while you dig into a Smoked Roka.
- The Wet Deck At W (Austin) – It has a pool, so the Texas heat shouldn’t scare you off. The perfect place to overlook an awesome city.
- Rooftop At Revere (Boston) – Overlooking Back Bay, this Theater District rooftop has been renovated, and now has a pool. It’s enough to make you see past that accent.
- Cindy’s (Chicago) – Not the tallest building in Chicago, but it’ll give you the biggest smile. Great sightlines to everything Chicago, with the drinks to match them.