As Highland Park and all of Chicagoland continues to be in mourning, it is important to remember how strong and resilient of a state we are.
Below are ways that we can help support and uplift those that were affected by the Highland Park 4th of July Tragedy.
Below are VERIFIED GoFundMe pages:
- Zion School Superintendent's 8-year-old is hospitalized after the shooting
- The Kolpack & Joyce family who had 4 family members injured in the attack
- Nicolas Toledo was a loving grandfather who lost his life in the attack
- All victims of the shooting
- Another page that will benefit all victims of the shooting
- Maria & Eduardo Uvaldo who were both injured along with her grandchild
- Alan Castillo was injured in the shooting
- Irina and Kevin McCarthy who both lost their lives in the shooting and leave behind toddler Aiden McCarthy.
- If you're in the Highland Park / Chicagoland area, you are donate blood. CLICK HERE for information
- Highland Park Hospital: 847-432-8000
- Evanston Hospital: make appointment through email (email@example.com)
- Glenbrook Hospital: (847) 657-5800
Bring Meals To Families Affected By the Tragedy
Sometimes when dealing with trauma or grief, cooking is the last thing on your mind. See how you can help families with meals with Meal Train
- Family of Mike Zeifert who was injured by the shooter
- The Goldstein Family who's mother Katie was a victim in the tragedy
Healing With Gratitude
Meet up with fellow Illinois residents this week in Deerfield to give back including making friendships bracelets, kindness rocks & yard signs for victims.
Mental Health Resources
- The Balance Project is a non-profit organization helping families and individuals access emotional wellness support. CLICK HERE for More Info
- District 112 Drop-in Counseling: (Wed., July 6, and Thurs., July 7) District 112 will be providing drop-in counseling at Oak Terrace School and Ravinia School. Oak Terrace School is located at 240 Prairie Avenue in Highwood, and Ravinia School is located at 763 Dean Avenue in Highland Park.
- Therapy Connector (Alexandra Kaehler Design Instagram)
- JCFS Chicago: multiple resources listed on page
- GoLead.Co: Text 224Help to 844-823-5323 to receive immediate assistance from a licensed mental health care professional
- North Shore Pediatric Therapy: Zoom check-ins on Wednesday July 6 at 7 pm and Thursday July 7 at 9 am
- Family Service of Glencoe: Available to provide counseling services to the community and will be available as needed in the coming days (city website info).
- BetterHelp: 3 months of free therapy
- Ivy Rehab: Free 30-minute injury screens