As a lot of you may know, I recently got engaged over the Thanksgiving holiday to my fiancé Mike!
So many of you have listened for so long, I only thought it was right to introduce you to him. Here are some things to know about Mike:
- We met on the dating app Hinge a little more than two years ago. He caught my attention because he looked like a really nice guy in his pictures. Also, at the time he lived in Wilmette which is where I grew up...so I was intrigued!
- Mike grew up in Bay City, Michigan (which is where singer Madonna was born).
- He's in the military. Mike has been in the Navy for almost 13 years and he recently commissioned to be a Naval Officer. He currently works on destroyer as the ship's Electronics Material Officer (I still don't fully understand what he does day to day...lol).
- His time in the military has taken him all over the world. He even lived in the Middle East for a little while.
- While living in Bahrain, he was an engineer for the military radio station there, so he has some radio in his background.
- If you couldn't tell already, he's really good at science and math. As you know, I don't do math so we complement each other in this way.
- Mike is very into sports. Growing up he played rugby, hockey and football...which caused him to break a few of his fingers. He's a big Detroit Lions fan.
- You know I'm a health freak...Mike is slowly but surely leaning my way when it comes to healthy eating and healthy activities. Otherwise, he is normally fine with fast food.
- He's super handy! He can fix anything and is really good at building furniture.
- His real last name is Love! So yes, he shares a name with a member of the Beach Boys. But truthfully, his name fits him well. He's the most loving person I've ever met.
You can click on my personal site HERE to learn a little bit more! Anything else you want to know, always feel free to reach out to me on social media: @showbizshelly.