Showbiz Shelly

Showbiz Shelly

Listen to Showbiz Shelly on 103.5 KISS FM Monday through Friday from 10AM-Noon + Catch the Showbiz Shelly Show Down at 7:45AM on The Fred Show! Full Bio


Oops...Family Accidentally Bakes Elf on a Shelf After Leaving it in Oven

Oopsies...a family in Kansas accidentally baked their Elf on a Shelf after leaving it in the oven and they're issuing a warning to other families:

To whomever this may help in this elf season, bake cookies not elves, one Overland Park mother warns.

Like many households during the month of December, the Elf on the Shelf has become a beloved tradition for parents to hide the elf doll around the house for kids to find each morning.

What started out as just warming Jingle, Belle and Magic up in the oven after a day in the refrigerator got toastier than planned, thanks to her husband.

"(He) feels horrible, but thankfully the Elfspital got them in quickly, and they are expected to make a full recovery after several hours of reconstruction and rest," Chelsea Hightower said.

Hightower says the day before, the elves were held hostage in the refrigerator by the 'bad milk.' Her husband was on elf duty the following night and thought they needed to warm up after a day in the refrigerator.

The day went on and Hightower stepped out to do some solo Christmas shopping. Her husband was home with their three kids and was going through the motions of getting them food, without thinking he turned on the oven to preheat and proceeded with his "hubby do list."

"It wasn’t long before our oldest, Braelon, concerning yell from the kitchen," she recalled. "Daddy! Who turned on the oven?!”

Oh boy...after all this it seems three new elves were found and all is well :)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content